Sat, Jul 13|
Anaheim Downtown Community Center
Christmas Performer Workshops
CPW is partnering with a Fundraiser for the Anaheim Nutcracker Tree Lighting Non-Profit
Time & Location
Jul 13, 2019, 9:00 AM – Jul 14, 2019, 5:00 PM
Anaheim Downtown Community Center, 250 E Center St, Anaheim, CA 92805, USA
About the Event
Presented by Robert Seutter (Santa True)
On Saturday, July 13 and Sunday, July 14, Santas, Mrs. Claus, and Elves have a very special opportunity to attend a dynamic two-day workshop, CPW Performing Fundamentals, led by an accomplished Santa, storyteller, and teacher, Robert Seutter, better know as Santa True. Members who attended his short programs at Branson, IBRBS conferences, and elsewhere wanted more of his creative and unique ideas for improving our holiday appearances. And CPW is excited to bring a full weekend program to our own backyard, Southern California!
CPW is partnering with a Fundraiser for the Anaheim Nutcracker Tree Lighting Non-Profit (a worthy Christmas cause indeed!) and we will have a fun high energy workshop for folks to attend. Lots of fun things are in the design stages (possibly food and fun things to do in Anaheim Saturday night, maybe some surprise special guests!) but most importantly it’s the workshop that Santa Groups all over the US have given standing ovations!
This CPW workshop focuses on Performing. We know that California has a LOT of Christmas Performers and many potential performing opportunities. The better you are as a performer, the better the opportunities and money will be.
- Join CPW for the Performing Fundamentals workshop, including the following.
- Performing Philosophy
- Tools of the Performer: Vocals, Physicality, and Improv (plus more)
- Telling a Story Without Saying a Word
- Learning Character Work
- All the World’s a Stage: Understanding Space (as a Performer)
- Rock Solid Santa: The Keys to Marathon Performing
- The Art of Expressiveness
- Developing your Photo Mojo
- Santa Jedi Techniques (understanding your audience)
- Time to Shine: Focus on Mrs. Claus, Elves, Managers, and Handlers
- The History of Christmas and the Claus Time Line
- Building Your Back-Story/North Pole
- Story Reading and Story Telling, and the Difference between them
- Story Time with Santa True
- Re-Thinking the Santa Community: Santa-Storming and more
- Q&A and the Future of Christmas Performing
Mr and Mrs Claus (couple)